We offer free delivery on all our items to any mainland UK address.
If you have any queries about our delivery service or if you live outside mainland UK and would like a quotation for delivery costs then please contact us directly.
Due to the varying size and weight of our products we use different courier services depending on the item to be delivered. The following information is applicable to all the courier services we use:
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your furniture items you have ordered will fit into the room for which they are intended, that they will fit through all access points to the room, and that there is sufficient access for our delivery vehicle to reach the delivery address. If we attempt to make a delivery and cannot access the room of choice due to size restrictions then a delivery charge will be applicable to you and not refundable.
- It is your responsibility to advise us of any non-standard delivery circumstances that may apply at the point of ordering.
- Where delivery bookings have been made: if you are unavailable to take delivery of your furniture order after agreeing delivery dates with us re-delivery charges may also apply.
- Once a delivery date is agreed and is cancelled by you for more than one week storage costs may be incurred which you will be responsible.
- As your item is handmade lead times for the item vary. Our usual lead time is 4 – 6 weeks. As orders are subject to wood availability etc, although unlikely, this could occasionally mean that the lead time may extend up to 10 weeks.
- Occasionally unforeseen circumstances may occur which ‘Steel Roots Design’ has no control over, for this reason please be aware that under these circumstances lead times may extend up to 10 weeks for which we cannot be held responsible. We will endeavour to keep you informed at all times.
- An adult must be present at the delivery address to carefully check the unwrapped products, sign and acknowledge receipt in a safe and satisfactory condition. Please report any defects on delivery.
- The delivery crew will not attempt delivery if there are health and safety issues or where damage to your home may result and they will not remove doors and/or windows.
- The delivery crew reserves the right to refuse to move items within your home if there is a risk of damage to the Item or to your home and property. You will be responsible for moving the Item(s).
- We carry the risk of loss or damage to the products until you receive them. The products belong to you when you have received them and paid in full.
Cancellation and Returns.
You are required to check the goods, at the time of delivery, for any damage or shortages and note down any problems on the delivery receipt. If the item is badly damaged, refuse the item and contact us immediately. Defective goods found after this time must be notified to Steel Roots Design within 24 hours of delivery. Goods must be returned in their original packaging. In the event of a damaged item, the product will either be replaced or the value of defective goods will be reimbursed to the customer only on receipt to us, and confirmation of defects.
If a non-damaged item is to be returned, then the customer must notify Steel Roots Design within 24 hours of receipt of the goods. For non-damaged goods which have been ordered and simply not wanted, then Steel Roots Design will charge a collection and return fee to the customer. In the case of non-damaged bespoke items Steel Roots Design reserve the right to refuse a refund of payment. This may occur in cases where the possibility of re-sale is in question.